5 Supplements That will Get you smarter
I believe that one day we will all be super intelligent with all the future robotic technology existing . Unfortunately we are not there yet and there is still ways to succeed. I have had conversations in the past with many friends in various industries and asked them what they believed , would be supplements that would boost cognitive power. You know, if you want to imporive your learning abilities, mood, mental clarity, your memory. Here are the five supplements that came up the most.
1. Asian ginseng, lets not forget, have been used in Chinese medicine forever. This supplement is literally good for every part of your body. “Asian ginseng is a gnarled root that looks like a human body with stringy shoots for arms and legs. Long ago, herbalists thought that because of the way ginseng looks it could treat many problems, from fatigue and stress to asthma and cancer. In traditional Chinese medicine, ginseng was often combined with other herbs. It was often used to bring long life, strength, and wisdom to those who took it”.
2. Dark chocolate — Dark chocolate has recently been discovered to have a number of healthy benefits. While eating dark chocolate can lead to the health benefits described below, remember that chocolate is also high in fat. However, it is particularly or more accurately the cocoas found in chocolate — contain flavanols, a phytochemical that has cognitive enhancing effects (your mood and your heart can be impacted positively by your chocolate consumption). It has also been more available , especially as being such a treat to eat
3. Creatine, a nitrogenous organic acid that occurs naturally in animals, has became very popular in recent years. More specifically, creatine supplementation has been proven to also benefit the memory. The next time you find yourself walking back to the car to retrieve your forgotten shopping list, consider purchasing a creatine supplement at one of the mall’s sports nutrition stores. — and not just because it boosts muscle power (which it does by helping to supply energy to cells in the body and assisting in the growth of muscle fibres). Physiological benefits aside, creatine has also been shown to improve memory and attention span.
4. Omega-3 fatty acids are known to be a compound that’s found in fish oil (which can be consumed directly via fish oil pills), grass-fed livestock, walnuts, flaxseed, and beans. This supplement have been very popular in recent years and have been considered a great brain food by many scientists. Many people use it for their diets and is increasingly more recognized in our diets.
5. Caffeine is not considered as a powerful cognitive enhancer. In fact, studies show that when consumed in conjunction with L-theanine, may help relieve stress by inducing a relaxing effect without drowsiness and may also possess immunologic attributes. Theanine may also have effects on the cardiovascular system and play a preventative role in cancer; however, limited clinical information is available to support these claims. These two combined, do in fact create more long-lasting and beneficial effects, including a boost to working memory, rapid visual information processing, and especially attention switching (i.e. reduced distractibility).
Asian ginseng | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/asian-ginseng#ixzz3K7PX6Psz
University of Maryland Medical Center
See more at: http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/supplements/6-reasons-you-should-be-taking-creatine/slide/4#sthash.dY9MulJI.dpufis